Very often, the general contractor has requirements that you must
while you are on the project. If you do not adhere to the requirements,
you can be fined and/or booted off of the job. Because the rules
of the job are 'attached' to the contract, you would be in breach
of contract if you are booted off of the job for failure to adhere
to the rules!
Some rules to look for . . .
- No pets
- No drugs
- No radios
- No alcohol
- No children
- No smoking
- Hard hats required
- Work boots required
- No shorts or tank tops
- Trash to be cleaned up daily
- No wives (or significant others)
- Submit daily time cards to superintendent
- Subcontractor to provide water for employees
- Subcontractor to provide dumpster for personal use
- Subcontractor to have binders with safety program and
MSDS paperwork at jobsite
- Subcontractor to provide storage on project for material
- Subcontractor to have representative present at jobsite for
entire length of project
- Subcontractor to provide insurance for material stored at jobsite
- Report to superintendent when arriving at job and when leaving
Each general contractor has his own set of rules that you must
adhere to while at the jobsite. If you do not adhere to the rules,
I repeat that you can and most probably will be fined by the general
contractor. Some generals will even send you home if you do not
comply (which of course will throw you into breach of contract).
Know the rules and make sure that you and your
employees follow them.
|"This is the best
site I have ever chanced on. I have told everyone that this
is the best! Not only the site, but Diane was a great help when
I ran into a snag. I use this every day. Fantastic!!"